Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
Flint Wealth may collect the following types of personal information:
- birth date;
- other demographic information;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- payment information;
- tax details;
- photo ID;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services Flint Wealth has provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to Flint Wealth directly through the Website or app or indirectly through your use of the Website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit Flint Wealth to collect information;
- information you provide to Flint Wealth through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with Flint Wealth.
Flint Wealth may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. Flint Wealth may collect this information when you:
- register on the Website or app;
- communicate with Flint Wealth through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with Flint Wealth from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with Flint Wealth's sites, services, content and advertising; or
- invest using Flint Wealth's business or enquire as to a potential purchases using Flint Wealth's business.
Why does Flint Wealth collect, use and disclose personal information?
Flint Wealth may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use Flint Wealth's Website, services, or app;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise Flint Wealth's Website, services, or app, business and its users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, Flint Wealth's business partners that Flint Wealth thinks you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Flint Wealth or its business partners; and
- to comply with Flint Wealth's legal obligations, resolve any disputes that Flint Wealth may have with any of its users, and enforce its agreements with third parties.
Flint Wealth may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party solely to enable Flint to provide the Platform services. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and Flint Wealth to develop anonymised consumer insights so that Flint Wealth can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Does Flint Wealth use your personal information for direct marketing?
Flint Wealth and/or its carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about its services, and or products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act and the Privacy Act. In accordance with that Act, you can opt out of receiving this marketing information.
To whom does Flint Wealth disclose your personal information?
- its employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of the Website and/or Flint Wealth's business or in connection with providing products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- its existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- its sponsors or promoters of any competition that Flint Wealth conducts via its services;
- anyone to whom Flint Wealth's assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by Flint Wealth; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside New Zealand
Flint Wealth may disclose personal information outside of New Zealand to third party cloud providers who are subject to similar laws relating to your privacy as Flint Wealth is.
When you provide your personal information to Flint Wealth, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of New Zealand. Flint Wealth will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the New Zealand Privacy Principles.
Using the Website and cookies
Flint Wealth may collect personal information about you when you use and access the Website.
While Flint Wealth does not use browsing information to identify you personally, Flint Wealth may record certain information about your use of the Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
Flint Wealth may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on the Website that help Flint Wealth track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but the Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
In addition, Flint Wealth may use third party cookies from third party services. These services give Flint Wealth insight into behavioural information relating to users' interests in its services, on an anonymous and aggregate level. This helps Flint Wealth to understand browsing behaviour to give a better experience whilst using Flint Wealth's services.
Flint Wealth may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. Flint Wealth takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and Flint Wealth uses a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, Flint Wealth uses Amazon Web Services cloud based servers, which includes 256 bit encryption, and EV SSL certificates.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information Flint Wealth holds about you by contacting Flint Wealth using the contact information below, or the "contact us" function on the Website. Sometimes, Flint Wealth may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, Flint Wealth will tell you why. Flint Wealth may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information Flint Wealth holds about you is inaccurate, please contact Flint Wealth and Flint Wealth will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think Flint Wealth have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way Flint Wealth has handled your personal information, you can contact Flint Wealth using the contact information below, or the "contact us" function on the Website. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. Flint Wealth will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that Flint Wealth has failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, Flint Wealth will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Compliance Manager/Privacy Officer
Level 9, Spark Central, 42-52 Willis St, PO Box 10-519, Wellington 6143
Effective: 1 October 2020